My spec lot is cleared and graded and I cannot decide if I stage this house or sell it vacant and price it accordingly
The lot is in Garfield Heights, paid $41,000 cash for it back in February, and the build pencils out at roughly $195,000 all in if I stay on budget, which I never do, so call it $210,000. My agent says the ARV sits between $285,000 and $310,000 depending on finishes and the market holding where it is right now. That spread is wide enough that staging could slide me from the low end to the high end, but I genuinely do not know if that is staging doing the work or finishes doing the work, and I cannot untangle the two. I got a preliminary quote of $4,200 for a full vacant staging package on a three bed two bath, eight week minimum, which eats into margin fast if this thing sits past week eight. The part that is keeping me up is that I have never sold a new build before. My flips always had something, original woodwork, a weird floor plan, a story to tell. This house has none of that. It is going to be clean and generic and correct, and I cannot tell if that sells itself or if that is exactly the house that needs furniture in it so buyers can feel something standing in the living room.