PriceLabs said $187 and Airbnb charged the guest $201, and I still don't fully understand where those fourteen dollars went.
The Phoenix condo is the only short-term I run, and I started using PriceLabs about four months ago because I was leaving money on the table around the Waste Management Phoenix Open and a couple of resort weekends in February. The tool has been worth it overall, I think, but the gap between what PriceLabs shows me and what actually posts to my payout has been bothering me since week one. I set a base price of $160, PriceLabs adjusts it to $187 for a Thursday night in late January, I accept that and move on. Guest pays $201 according to the booking confirmation I can see on my end. My payout shows $158 after Airbnb takes its 3 percent host fee, which checks out on the $187, so the $14 gap is sitting somewhere in Airbnb's own pricing layer and I cannot get a clean answer on where. My best guess is that Airbnb is applying its own demand signals on top of the PriceLabs number, running what they call Smart Pricing adjustments even when you have a third-party tool connected, and pocketing the margin on the guest side while my payout is calculated off the lower number. I turned Smart Pricing off in the Airbnb dashboard months ago but I am genuinely not certain it stayed off, because the discrepancy keeps showing up. February grossed $2,340 on 14 nights, and if that $14 gap is real and consistent, that's close to $200 across a full year on a condo that only nets maybe $11k. Worth caring about. Has anyone actually confirmed whether Airbnb's pricing layer overrides a connected PriceLabs offset or stacks on top of it?