Does a one-year corporate lease at $2,800 beat a standard twelve-month at $2,200 after you price in the furnishing cost and the faster turnover
I got a unit under contract in Peoria, 3/2, close to the TSMC supplier corridor, and I keep going back and forth on this. Furnished corporate at $2,800 looks like an easy $600 premium until I actually price the setup. Used furniture from Facebook Marketplace plus a full linen kit, kitchen stuff, and decent beds, I'm at about $6,200 to furnish it properly. I am not going to put garbage in there and call it corporate ready. Then there's the turn. Every time someone rotates out I am looking at a cleaning, a linen refresh, probably some furniture repair, and a gap between assignments that I cannot predict. Conservative estimate is $400 per turn and two turns a year minimum, more likely three if the stays are 90-day blocks. Standard tenant at $2,200 stays two years, pays their own utilities, brings their own stuff, I do one lease renewal and maybe a fridge repair. The corporate side also needs wifi, utilities folded in, and some kind of management contact for when the toilet runs at 10pm. I am not hiring a property manager for one unit. That is my phone. Over 24 months, the standard lease nets me roughly $52,800 before maintenance. The corporate side, same window, grosses $67,200 but I subtract $6,200 for furnishing, $1,200 for turns, $3,600 for utilities, and I have to discount for the months it sits between placements. A 45-day gap in 24 months wipes out another $4,200. I end up around $52,000 and I gave up my evenings to manage it. The spread is basically nothing and the corporate version is more work. I still want to do it because I think the demand near that supplier corridor is real and I want to learn the model on one unit before I scale it. But the numbers are not telling me to, my gut is.